New Club Application Timeline
- Brainstorm new club ideas
- Check for overlap with current clubs here
- Prepare your application
December 1st, 2023
- Ratification applications (New Club Cover Letter, Year Plan, and Constitution) must be submitted to Omer Choudhry, the Clubs Administrator via email at firstname.lastname@example.org in ONE SINGLE EMAIL.
- Administrative information form is submitted via Microsoft forms link: https://forms.office.com/r/C5wfSsmRib
- Late applications will not be accepted
- Applications will be reviewed by the Clubs Advisory Council (CAC) and submitted to the SRA for formal ratification
- Your club will hear back with an approval or rejection before end of April 2023
ALL club applications MUST be reviewed by the Clubs Advisory Council before being put forward to the SRA.
For any other inquiries contact MSU Clubs (email@example.com)
Applications for new clubs consists of FOUR sections:
Section 1- Administrative Information
This section allows club executives to indicate basic information about the club, such as: name, category, mission statement, email request, primary contact person, executive information, membership list (minimum of 20), etc.
The Club Administrative Information Form can be found here: https://forms.office.com/r/C5wfSsmRib and is mandatory to be completed alongside the submission of all intended documents a part of your application.
Section 2- Cover Letter
This section allows club executives to explain and outline their club. It is important that the executives address who/what the club is about, its goals/ purposes/intentions, why it is unique, and how it will contribute to the McMaster student community. A template for the cover letter is not provided.
Section 3- Year Plan
This section allows club executives to outline the event programming they wish to enact in the academic year. Please note that the MSU does not expect each club to have its programming 100% ready for next year – we understand any plans are tentative and subject to change – however, it is important that executives have a general idea of the programming they wish to implement.
Section 4- Constitution
The club constitution is the governing document of each ratified club. It generally outlines the responsibilities and duties of each executive position as well as rules and regulations for elections and other club operations. A basic constitution template is provided, but MUST be personalized by club executives to suit the needs of the club. Instructional notes have been posted within the club constitution document.
A template for the Constitution can be found here.