Request for Proposal: Consultancy Services to Review Organizational Total Compensation and Pay Equity Compliance
The McMaster Students Union is seeking proposals from firms and/or consultants who have extensive knowledge and experience with employment compensation and pay equity legislation in multiple sectors to review and, if necessary, update the organization’s pay equity plan and/or provide recommendations for our organization’s compensation model. As part of this proposal, the MSU expects a comparison will be undertaken with other similar sized Ontario NPOs, with a focus on similar-sized student unions and specific service industry comparisons.
Over the past decade, the MSU has evolved and grown substantially. The organization manages approximately two dozen services, including a mixture of student-run and full-time led operations, as well as multiple business units, 300+ clubs, and four revenue neutral services. Additionally, the MSU administers a student health and dental plan, the HSR bus pass, and is currently overseeing the construction of a new 40,000 sq. ft. student centre.
The goal of this exercise is to ensure that the MSU:
- Provides equitable remuneration beyond the minimum requirements outlined in the Pay Equity Act;
- Continues to be a competitive employer for both full- & part-time staff;
- Ensures significant value of the resources provided for full-time undergraduates at McMaster University.
The RFP deadline is February 28, 2022 at 5pm (EST). Please consult the submission document for further details:
- MSU Total Compensation and Pay Equity Compliance (.docx)
- MSU Total Compensation and Pay Equity Complinace (.pdf)
For more information, please contact:
Director of Human Resources