The McMaster Students Union Child Care Centre is a family focused play-based, emergent program. The program is based on the children’s interests and emerging areas of development following the How Does Learning Happen document and the four Foundations of Belonging, Well Being, Engagement and Expression. We use the HiMama app for documentation and communication with parents.
Supply staff would come in and work with one of three classroom – toddler, intermediate or preschool.
Policies and procedures are to be read before starting and Vulnerable Sector Police check, First Aid and CPR C as well as immunization records are required.
- Years of Experience: 1-5 years
- Registered and in good standing with the College of Early Childhood Educators, Ontario
- Knowledge of Ontario’s pedagogy, “How Does Learning Happen?” and the Child Care and Early Years Act (CCEYA)
- Experience in working with various age groups (i.e.: infant, toddler, preschool, kindergarten, 6 to 8 years)
- Standard First Aid and CPR “C”
- Current Vulnerable Sector Check
- Work as a member of a team
- Doctor Certified Health Assessment and up to date in immunization, TB Test
- Food Handler’s Certificate an asset
We thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, and advise that only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
The McMaster Students Union (MSU) is strongly committed to employment equity within its community and to recruiting a diverse staff. The MSU encourages applications from all qualified candidates including women, persons with disabilities, First Nations, Métis and Inuit persons, members of racialized communities and 2SLGBTQIA-identified persons. If you require any form of accommodation throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that the MSU is an independently incorporated students’ union operating within the McMaster University community; this is not a McMaster University position.
|Child Care Centre Director
|Variable, on-call as needed
|$18/hour + additional subsidies from government