Interested in nominating someone or being nominated for an award? Please review the following steps carefully, as we have changed up the nominating process slightly. Questions can be directed at email@example.com
Nominations will open on January 11, 2021, with forms being available then.
Nominating someone else:
- Please find the award which suits your candidate, and note what needs to be submitted
- Compile the nomination form (linked below) and supporting documentation into one document named “(Nominee name) – Award Name – nominated by your name”
- Submit the nomination package by February 10, 2021.
- The Candidate will then be contacted to submit their CV, and other relevant information by February 24, 2021.
- Find which award suits you best, you can apply for more than one!
- Compile your nomination form (linked below), CV, and supporting documentation into one document named “(Nominee name) – Award Name”
- Submit your nomination package by February 24, 2021 (The submission form will be available soon, please email your nominations to the Speaker in the meantime)
Click here to submit your nomination.
The Honour M, the highest award that the McMaster Students Union (MSU) bestows, has been presented annually since 1932 in recognition of outstanding leadership, volunteer service, contribution and/or special achievement in extra-curricular activities. Nominee must be an MSU member who shall normally be in the final year of their academic programme.
The MSU Merit Scholarship Award is presented annually in recognition of outstanding and valuable service to university, student, or residence governments, departments, clubs, societies, charities, or athletics. The nominee must be an MSU member who is not in the final year of his or her academic programme.
The MSU Spirit Award is presented annually to the campus group that has demonstrated superior spirit. The Selection Committee will consider those campus groups that best represent enthusiasm, participation, dedication, and increasing school spirit at McMaster University.
The MSU Students of Distinction Award is granted in recognition of individuals or groups who have made a significant contribution to the betterment of the MSU or student life at McMaster.
You can either submit your nomination by dropping it off to the MSU Main Office, in MUSC 201 or emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org