Interested in nominating someone or being nominated for an award? Please review the following steps carefully, as the nomination process has changed slightly. Questions can be directed to: email@example.com.
If you are nominating someone else for an award:
- Select the award which suits your candidate best and note what needs to be submitted.
- Compile the nomination form (linked below, under each award) and supporting documentation into one document titled “(Nominee name) – Award Name – nominated by (your name).”
- Submit the nomination package by February 5, 2023.
- The Candidate will then be contacted to submit their CV and other relevant information by February 10, 2023.
If you are nominating yourself for an award:
- Select the award which suits you best, you can apply for more than one!
- Compile your nomination form (linked below, under each award), CV, and supporting documentation into one document titled “(Nominee name) – Award Name.”
- Submit your nomination package by February 10, 2023.
Click here to submit your nomination package.
The Honour M, the highest award that the McMaster Students Union (MSU) bestows, has been presented annually since 1932 in recognition of outstanding leadership, volunteer service, contribution and/or special achievement in extra-curricular activities. Nominee must be an MSU member who shall normally be in the final year of their academic programme.
The MSU Merit Scholarship Award is presented annually in recognition of outstanding and valuable service to university, student, or residence governments, departments, clubs, societies, charities, or athletics. The nominee must be an MSU member who is not in the final year of his or her academic programme.
The MSU Spirit Award is presented annually to the campus group that has demonstrated superior spirit. The Selection Committee will consider those campus groups that best represent enthusiasm, participation, dedication, and increasing school spirit at McMaster University.
The MSU Students of Distinction Award is granted in recognition of internal and external individuals or groups who have made a significant contribution to the betterment of the MSU or student life at McMaster.
The nominator must attach a letter of no more than 500 words detailing how this individual/group made an outstanding contribution to the McMaster Students Union (MSU) or life at McMaster University.
You can either submit the nomination by dropping it off to the MSU Main Office, in MUSC 201 or emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org