Women & Gender Equity Network (WGEN) Executive: Promotions
WGEN educates the McMaster community in an effort to create a campus free from prejudice and discrimination on the basis of gender expression and/or gender identity. WGEN services as a participant in supporting survivors of gender-based discrimination, sexual assault, and/or similar forms of violence. WGEN develops and strengthens relationships between McMaster students, staff, and members of the community by providing information, resources, programming, and on-campus advocacy around gender-based oppressions.
The Promotions Executive will be responsible for the promotion of WGEN events to the McMaster community in a professional manner. The Promotions Executive is responsible for the creation of these promotional materials as well as the creation of promotional plans for WGEN events in partnership with the Coordinator, other Executives, and Underground Media + Design. The Promotions Executive will work closely with the WGEN Coordinator to ensure effective promotions for all events.
Please note this posting closes Tuesday, June 13th at 11:59pm.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Awareness and understanding of topics associated with WGEN ( i.e. transphobia, racism, sexism, ableism, and human rights, heterosexism, cissexism, heteronormativity, intersecting oppressions and invisible privilege, sexual assault).
- Confidence and ability to challenge dominant views
- Organizational and time management skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Communication skills
- Public relations skills, experience in advertising
Effort & Responsibility
- Effort required to think creatively
- Effort required to design and implement promotional campaigns
- Ability to work in a team and act as a support
- Maintain confidentiality of all individuals accessing the WGEN
- Time demands may exceed stated hours of work
- Most work can be completed in a shared office space
Training and Experience
- Previous leadership experience
- Necessary training will be provided
- Personal and/or shared computer
For a full list of duties and responsibilities, please download the job description here: original_WGEN_Promotions_Executive_(locked) (1)
We thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position, and advise that only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
The McMaster Students Union (MSU) is strongly committed to employment equity within its community and to recruiting a diverse staff. The MSU encourages applications from all qualified candidates including women, persons with disabilities, First Nations, Métis and Inuit persons, members of racialized communities and 2SLGBTQIA-identified persons. If you require any form of accommodation throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Human Resources by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that the MSU is an independently incorporated students’ union operating within the McMaster University community; this is not a McMaster University position.
|Term||September 1, 2023 - April 30, 2024|
|Hours||4 - 6 Hours per week|
|# of positions||1 - 2 Positions|