Pride Community Centre (PCC) – Events Coordinator
This posting closes June 12th at 11:59pm
The Pride Community Centre is a service of the McMaster Students Union. We provide a contact point for McMaster students that may identify as gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, queer, and/or any of the other diverse identities that make up our community. We offer educational programming and access to resources of interest, as well as peer support and a physical space for students to meet and socialize with each other. As advocates for gender & sexual diversity, the PCC’s mandate upholds that LGBTQ+ students are entitled to a safe and supportive campus, absent of homophobia and transphobia, where the expression of one’s gender & sexual identity is welcomed and respected.
General Scope of Duties
The Events Coordinator will be responsible for all LGBTQ2SI+ community events. These events include, but are not limited to, community building events, socials, sexual health events, educational events, and athletics events. The ideal candidate is passionate about LGBTQ2SI+ community building, is knowledgeable about queer health, and has experience in event planning.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Organizational and time management skills required
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- Skills to work independently and manage others
- Friendly and highly approachable
- Comfortable talking to a wide variety of people
- An understanding of Safe Space
- Dedicated and self-motivated
- Strong Interpersonal skills required for conflict resolution and mediation
Effort & Responsibility
- Responsible for overseeing all PCC community events
- Communication with University departments, LGBTQ2SI+ clubs, the Equity and Inclusion Office, other MSU Peer Support Services, and McMaster Athletics and Recreation
- Responsible for maintaining an appropriate and positive image of the PCC and MSU
- Maintaining confidentiality of all individuals accessing the PCC
- Time demands may exceed stated hours of work
Training and Experience
- Past experience with the PCC is an asset
- Event planning experience is an asset
- Necessary training will be provided
- Use of Personal Computer
- Appropriate safety equipment to be used during all athletic events
Full job description can be found here.
We thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position, and advise that only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
The McMaster Students Union (MSU) is strongly committed to employment equity within its community and to recruiting a diverse staff. The MSU encourages applications from all qualified candidates including women, persons with disabilities, First Nations, Métis and Inuit persons, members of racialized communities and 2SLGBTQIA-identified persons. If you require any form of accommodation throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Human Resources by email at email@example.com. Please note that the MSU is an independently incorporated students’ union operating within the McMaster University community; this is not a McMaster University position.
|Term||September 1, 2023 - April 30, 2024|
|Hours||8 hours per week|