MSU Diversity Services exists in order to celebrate, unite, and advocate with the variety of diverse groups on campus within the realm of race, ethnicity, culture, faith, and Indigenous affairs. In order to accomplish this, we help to plan, support and promote events that allow McMaster students to fully experience the differences that make our campus unique.
Recognizing the state of inequity on campus, our service acts to advocate for an inclusive environment in which marginalized groups feel welcome and free to embrace their identity.
Please note this posting will close on Sunday June 27, 2021 at 11:59pm (EST).
The Promotions Executive is responsible for advertising general Diversity Services events and Committee Coordinator events. They will do this by working closely with the rest of the executive to develop detailed and creative promotional plans for events and campaigns. This individual is responsible for maintaining the visibility and publicity of the service both on and off campus, and ensuring the proper avenues for promotions are being utilized.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Awareness and understanding of topics associated with Diversity Services is an asset
- Organizational and time management skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to coordinate with others and take initiative to ensure successful completion of tasks
- Prior Social Media Management experience is an asset but not required
Effort & Responsibility
- Effort required to think creatively
- Effort required to design and implement promotional campaigns
- Establish and maintain professional connections on and off campus
- Responsible for raising awareness of Diversity Services through the utilization of different forms of media
- Most work can be completed in a shared office space
- Time demands may exceed stated hours of work
Training and Experience
- Experience with social media management is an asset
- Graphic design experience is an asset
- Promotions and advertising experience is an asset
- Experience and skills in planning and strategizing multiple events
- Participation in all Diversity Services Training sessions required (provided)
For a full list of duties and responsibilities, please download the full job description.
We thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position, and advise that only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
The McMaster Students Union (MSU) is strongly committed to employment equity within its community and to recruiting a diverse staff. The MSU encourages applications from all qualified candidates including women, persons with disabilities, First Nations, Métis and Inuit persons, members of racialized communities and 2SLGBTQIA-identified persons. If you require any form of accommodation throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact the Human Resources Generalist by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that the MSU is an independently incorporated students’ union operating within the McMaster University community; this is not a McMaster University position.
|Term||September 1 to April 30 (Summer Preparation Required)|
|Supervisor||Diversity Services Director and Assistant Director|
|Hours of Work||10 hours per week, variable summer hours|
|Number of Positions Available||2|