The General Assembly of the Ontario Undergraduate Student Alliance (OUSA) is the highest governing body of the organization. Decisions made at General Assembly are binding upon OUSA, and policies passed become representative of students across Ontario. As such, being a GA delegate requires a high level of responsibility. Should you be selected, you will primarily be representing the interests of the McMaster Students Union (MSU). It will be your duty to ensure that policy passed at General Assembly is useful and relevant to McMaster students.
Fall 2022 General Assembly Information
- When: Thursday October 27th – Sunday October 30th (delegates should be expected to be available for approximately full days 9am-5pm each day)
- Where: Laurentian University
The Fall General Assembly will be held fully in-person at Laurentian University. This would mean that delegates would be required to be in-person for the duration of the General Assembly. OUSA delegates will have all their travel and accommodations provided by the MSU. Delegates will also receive a food per diem the for the duration of the conference.
There will be two stages to the selection process. Interested applicants will be required to submit their application here, followed by an interview process that will be facilitated by the Vice-President (Education) and the Associate Vice-President: Provincial & Federal Affairs.
In order to attend OUSA General Assembly, applicants must:
- Be an MSU member (full-time undergraduate taking 18 units or more).
- Be available for training on the week of October 10th – October 16th (training day TBA, training will be in-person but accommodations can be discussed)
- Be able to travel to Laurentian University and be available 9am-5pm on Wednesday October 26th – Sunday October 30th
How do I apply?
- In one document, provide your name, program and year, and email address. Please also include your availability for the week of October 10th – 16th (times flexible) for training.
- On the same document, provide short answers (350 words) to the questions listed below.
- Have your updated resume on hand.
- Head to the bottom of this screen and fill out the fields to apply online.
- Attach the document containing your name/contact info/completed questions as a PDF. Beyond this document, a traditional cover letter is not needed.
- Attach your resume as a PDF. References are not needed.
- In 350 words or less, describe why you want to attend OUSA General Assembly, as well as what you would bring to the team.
- Much of the work at OUSA General Assembly focuses on policy development. Please choose one of the following three policies/reports that are coming forward for consideration, and provide a 350-word explanation or less of how important this issue is in the context of post-secondary education:
Ancillary & Incidental Fees
2. What is another Post-Secondary Education issue that interests you or are passionate about? In 350 words or less, please explain why you are passionate about the issue.
We thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position, and advise that only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
The McMaster Students Union (MSU) is strongly committed to employment equity within its community and to recruiting a diverse staff. The MSU encourages applications from all qualified candidates including women, persons with disabilities, First Nations, Métis and Inuit persons, members of racialized communities and 2SLGBTQIA-identified persons. If you require any form of accommodation throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact the Human Resources Director by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that the MSU is an independently incorporated students’ union operating within the McMaster University community; this is not a McMaster University position.
Please note this job closes at 11:59pm on Sunday September 25th, 2022
|Term||Conference ends October 30th, 2022|
|Hours||Be available from 9am-5pm training days and during conference|
|# of positions||7|