Clubs Administrator (**Full time, perm position)
***Note: This is a full time permanent position***
This posting will close on Sunday, June 11, 2023 at 11:59pm
The MSU represents full-time undergraduate students at McMaster University. The MSU purpose is to draw into a true society all students at McMaster University. In pursuit of this, it will foster activities and events which will enhance the University experience of its members and contribute to the life of the University as a whole. Further, it will seek to facilitate communication between the student body, the University and other organizations and will organize and regulate student self-government.
The MSU offers their full time employees a range of benefits, including company paid benefits, paid vacation, personal and sick days, an RRSP matching program, tuition and gym reimbursement and more. We currently have a hybrid work model, in which employees can work from home for up to 40% of the work week.
Clubs: With more than 300+ clubs on campus, there is sure to be something for everyone! Find out more information about each club by searching the directory below.
The Clubs Administrator is responsible for the overall administration of the MSU Clubs system. The role will act as the main source of support, the first point of contact, a planner and organizer of events and activities, manager of the Clubs Space, a mediator, and the budget manager for the department. The Clubs Administrator will seek to foster and encourage relationships among clubs, MSU and University departments, and within the Hamilton community. The position ensures that all MSU clubs are aware of and follow the University and MSU’s policies and procedures. The position must operate in accordance to the vision, mission and values of the MSU. The position must remain knowledgeable in clubs policies, procedures, risk management requirements and legal requirements to ensure best practices.
The Clubs Administrator will provide leadership, oversight, and continuity to the operation of the MSU Clubs department. These duties will include, but are not limited to, overview of the MSU Clubs ratification process, the support of Assistant Clubs Administrator, ensuring compliance of clubs bylaws and policies, and liaising with the McMaster Equity and Inclusion Office, Student Affairs, Secretariat, and other stakeholders to support clubs operations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum 1 year experience in similar role
- Minimum college diploma in field commensurate with responsibilities
- Must have good interpersonal skills in order to effectively communicate with a variety of different people including clients, students, part-time staff, full-time staff, peers, and superiors
- Excellent supervisory skills are required in order to direct and encourage employees to work effectively
- Must have a good working knowledge of MSU policies and legislative guidelines
- Must be up to date on all health and safety legislation (e.g. WHMIS)
- Must be able to work with minimal direction
- Discreetness required, as the incumbent will be privy to sensitive and confidential information
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Works comfortably under pressure and meets tight deadlines
- Excellent record keeping, organizational, and conflict management skills
- Jointly responsible for all day-to-day operations and long-term planning in conjunction with the MSU Board of Directors and MSU General Manager, with consideration to anticipated business activity
- High degree of multi-tasking required
- Ability to make decisions quickly
- General office environment
- Must be able to work effectively with frequent interruptions to meet the needs and requests of staff and students
- Regular use of a computer may cause eyestrain if not managed
- Frequency of pressures will be cyclical with a higher level of activity in the academic year
- Time demands may exceed stated hours of work
Training and Experience
• Relevant diploma or degree
• Experience working in a University environment an asset
• Experience managing volunteers and part-time staff an asset
- Standard office equipment provided
A full job description can be found here.
We thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, and advise that only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
The McMaster Students Union (MSU) is strongly committed to employment equity within its community and to recruiting a diverse staff. The MSU encourages applications from all qualified candidates including women, persons with disabilities, First Nations, Métis and Inuit persons, members of racialized communities and 2SLGBTQIA-identified persons. If you require any form of accommodation throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact the Human Resources Director by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that the MSU is an independently incorporated students’ union operating within the McMaster University community; this is not a McMaster University position.
|Start date||Mid August 2024|
|Supervisor||General Manager, MSU|
|Hours||35 Hours per week|
|Remuneration||$1062.79 per week|